Since I missed a day.. woops!
OH MY GOODNESS! okay so we started off the day by going on a bike ride! well, kind of... we were going to ride bicycles but then I got on it and the seat was WAY to high and so lol...
okay swedish bikes they are strange because the seat of the bike is the same heighth as the handle bars and they have baskets onthe front of them ohh.. and they have these little seats on the back ... and i rode on the little seat. It was the scariest thing I have ever done in my life and i was screaming the entire time! Now I have these two big bruises on the inside of both of my legs! Its sad :( lol and it hurts! We went all the way to these other beaches and walked the trails.. most of then time I walked until we got on the pavement and then I rode with sofia ... and it really was only terrible at the beginning because we could never seem to balance.
For dinner we had these tortilla things. I had mine with chicken, lettuce,cucumbers, and corn. Lol it might sound discusting but it is really really good! After dinner we ran down to the ocean and sofia refused to get in and it was sad. I was pumped for some salt water and sand but noooo. lol so we adventured back here and watch Pride and Prejudice, ate some ice cream, and read our books till we fell asleep. It was quite a good day!
Day 11
Thats today! HAPPY MIDSUMMERS EVE! lol it was a wonderful day! I woke up at 11 and we went to McDonalds because Helena wanted us to visit her! lol Yes I ate American food for lunch :) and then we got ice cream lol and I got this meringue mcflurry thing. Do they have those in US? it was amazing! It was vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and these little white puffs that looked like marshmellows but tasted like the pastel wedding mints... minus the minty taste. They like melted on your tongue! It was cool :) Anyways we walked around a bit and then Brigitta, I'm gonna call her Mamma. Thats prenounced Mah-mah not to be mixed up with momma, which is you mom. lol Anyways. Mamma got a big slew of flowers and we came back home and made our crowns! It was really hard lol we had to like arrange the flowers and then make them stay connected to this leaf thing. I am bringing mine home and keeping it forever lol. We wore them all day long! Anyways then I showered and we ate dinner-swedish meatballs, potatoes, salad, and hard bread stuff. Pretty good:) Helena asked me a really hard question about what my favorite swedish meal we had eaten was and I couldnt answer lol... I havent not liked anything except the noodley thing that came with the pizza..So i couldnt answer her question! lol. After dinner Amanda came over and we went out adventurizing! lol It was the funnest time I have ever had ...ever! We were going to meet her at the bus stop but then she met us before we ever got out of Strandhaga, so we decided to walk around. So we walked and walked and walked and decided to check out the other old people communities may pole. And lol big surprise... it was the same as the one in our old people community :0 lol. So then somehow ... I dont know how... but we decided that we wanted to go to the beach and swim! But see Amanda didnt have a swim suit and we were far from home... and its not as if anyone was actually on the beach so found a deserted area of beach and jumped in the ocean in our bra and underwear. lol it was the funniest thing in the entire world! lol and was freezing... verry verrrrry cold. Amanda wore a white dress, and sofia wore a white skirt and i wore jean shorts, so when we put our clothes back on we were soaked... and its not like we had towels ughh it was terrible but really fun. When we started walking back home it ended up raining, and then it switched to pouring so since we were already soaked we ended up just dancing in the rain at the little party thing that was going on by the may pole. And gosh it was just so fun :) When we came back home we dried off and got warm and amanda, sofia, and i rode bikes down to the gas station and got some snacks and when we got back home the three of us and helena played Go Fish and ate our snacks and then Amanda taught sofia and I this game called sevens and I cant wait to show you guys! It was really fun and its about one of the only card games I know beside old maid,slap jack, speed,war, and Go fish! Anyways we played cards until Amanda had to leave and then we walked her up to the bus stop and sofia and I went out and gathered flowers. You see, ever midsummers eve they go out and pick 7 different wildflowers and then before they go to bed the put them under there pillows and supposedly your suppose to dream about your dream man. I am pretty excited to see who that is going to be! mwahaha. It was really fun trying to find the flowers because we went out in the neighborhood with a pair of scissors and walked around cutting little baby flowers from peoples yard. I know it sounds terrible and I would never do it in america... but in sweden it is accepted and I need 7 different flowers! :) Anyways so then we got back home and Helena needed flowers so we just found a bunch here in the yard :) I better dream about this dream guy... like seriously because if I dont I shall curse sweden and its traditions! lol just joking :) Today was a super great day, but dont worry I am missing America and you guys! And I am really going to be missing America on the 4th of July. Midsummers is kind of like the 4th of July... in a way. Its like there major Swedish holiday and 4th of july is obviously Americas major holiday. There just isn't any fireworks. Lots of people cook out and there are tons of drunk people, hence the reason we didnt go to the city.
lol Anyways tomorrow sof and I and I think Helena are getting up early and going on a bike ride and them going to Gothenburg and visiting cousins? I think! We were suppose to go to Amanda's house and we were all suppose to campout but I think her parents said we weren't allowed. Sunday though I think we are cooking out on the beach with Isabell, Caroline, and Amanda. I am really looking forward to it! Sofias birthday is on monday and I think we are staying home and having a dinner with everyone! and Sometime next week sof, helena, and I are going to Liseberg. That is where the big huge amusement park is located with the rollercoaster that goes upside down and this thing kind of like the double shot at indiana beach but is bigger and I have heard... better! lol
Thank you parents for letting me come on this trip! It has been the adventure of a life time and I have made so many new friends and learned a lot of things as well! Sweden is so different from America but kind of the same too. It is strange being in a place where everyone speaks a different language but it is an amazing thing to. When your in america everyone pretty much speaks the same thing and its very rare you here someone speaking a language that sounds more thing they are singing that actually talking. lol Its really neat :)
I guess I better get off soon, Sof just shut the light off.. I think thats a subtle way of telling me 'its time!'
Love youuuu!
No comments:
Post a Comment