Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wow!

So here I am... In sweden! It is crazy to thing about! I felt like I was in a daze until I stepped off the airplane in Gothemburg and met Sofia's mom and sister!
On Monday my parents took me to the Fort Wayne Air port and sent me off at around 1! It was pretty sad I must say. I wont see them for an entire month... I have never been away for that long! My plane ride to detroit was a little over 30 minutes and it was on a little jet thing. My first travel buddy was a 41 year old woman who looked about 20 whose parents use to live in Kokomo and she was on her way back to Orlando from visiting family. I have noticed that traveling persons often tell there life story to there traveling buddy. It could be just to lighten the mood... who really knows! Anyways when i got off the plane in Detroit, I felt really smart. I got to my next gate all by myself and it was a big airport with many people. I had to go from gates E all the way to gate c for amsterdam. My next plane buddy was named Rebecca who was going on a missions trip to work with a church in Stockholm and who was coming to Gothemburg to teach a vbs class on june 12. She knew alot about sweden I dont know how! She like read up alot on it and informed me about a lot of different things. She was really nice!
When I got to Amsterdam it was like 8:30 am and I was pretty tired. They fed me though :) and I had to go through this strange passport metal check thingy to get to gate B... when I got to Gothemburg I somehow was smart enough to get my luggage, take the right way out of that little lobby thing and was greeted by helena and Brigitta.
I thought it would be a little wierd meeting them without sofia here but it wasnt really at all. I like them all alot and they make me feel like I belong here which is a pretty big deal since well... Im from America and im in Sweden! We went to the grocery store the post office and the bank and I have already tried Turkish delights, swedish pizza, this wierd noodley things covered in dressing stuff, and kabob? oooh! and these one little pomegranate candys thing. those are tasty!
OMG! I forgot! I met the dogs! they are white golden retrievers... hehahhe white and golden... but more white :) There is Moses and Malta and they look identical except there noses :) They are sweet and for some reason I am almost okay with being covered in there white furry hairy ness!
I am still shocked to be here. It is beautiful and pretty and I absolutly love it. This will probably be the best month of my life no lies! I am so stoked to be here! I better get to bed its 23:56 and I have to call the rents! Talk tomarrow :) Love Sheilaa

No comments:

Post a Comment